Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

So to answer the questions, yes I did get Grandma's package sorry, and Becky's as well. Tell them both thank you.  I  haven't checked for yours today yet, but i will. Kinley's bracelet stand for Choose The Right.  About Thanksgiving, we are eating at the Palfreymans and then the Esmiols, so we willl eat twice that day. I haven't really gained any weight yet and I am hoping that i won't!! If it's not a problem, I would like a thinner blanket, that would be really nice! And to answer your question, a  thinner pair of gloves because it doesn't get that cold. I also couldn't see the videos of Holden so if you could do it again that would be great!

About Christmas, the only thing I can think of is an external speaker so I can play USB drives.  If anyone else asks, tell them money because by the end of the month you don't have any for like food so you have to just try and make something haha but that would be great! Also today i spent $45 because a member family need help buying a prescription for her husband that just got out of the hospital. So i was just letting you know about that!

Here's some pics of the house I am living in.  And yes I have cleaned it up a bit.





We've been working with a less active member Brother Turango.  That's been going really good.  Last Saturday we had five meals and went to a sweet 16 birthday part.  It was a lot of fun.  Then on Sunday I gave a talk in Spanish on missionary work.  It went really good.  On Monday we went to see Lupe, she is our new investigator.  She told us about a couple of good things that had happened to her after we stopped by the Sunday before and had tested her faith in God.  But we were glad that she related it to us.  After her kids wanted us to play football with them so we were just playing catch then some more of the neighbor kids came also. It was fun to just let go for 15 minutes.We then saw David, one of our investigators grandson come home so we went to go and teach him but his friend Jesus was there too.  David invited him to come and listed too.  After we were done he asked me to say the prayer.  Then he said that he would say one, then Jesus said one, then our investigator Mary said she didn't want to be left out so we had a five prayer lesson.  It went really good.

Later on we did service for the Myers family.  We put up a patio overhang.  That took about 3-4 hours and the last hour we were fighting the rain. Then we heard this noise coming down the road and it was getting closer.  So we started to run inside and the hail was coming down pretty hard.  

On Saturday morning we went for breakfast at the Palfreyman's and it was pretty good.  After I went with Elder Rubio and Elder Cook.  They were on exchanges for the day and since Elder Cook doesn't know any Spanish, Elder Rubio asked me to come along with them.  I didn't know that he was going to make me teach 4 lessons while I was with them but it went better than I thought.  The last one we taught was a Jehovah's witness and she basically was teaching Elder Rubio so that was a little funny.  But we got fed every night so that is good.  I hope everything is going well in Fielding and with wrestling, dance and work.  Keep me updated.  Love you guys and hope you have the best week.

(Group email)
Hey!! Everything is going great here, it was just a little slower than usual because no one was answering their doors so that kind of sucked!! On the bright side I have given two blessings this week so that was really cool!( both were in English though but still good!) We had a Branch party on Saturday and ate a lot of food and played kickball with the little kids until it got pretty dark! It has started to get a little colder now but it still is not terrible. It kind of snowed yesterday morning but before it hit the ground it was already melted! The transfer is almost over already!!! It is crazy that I have almost been out 3 months now!! I don't know where that time has gone it is crazy to think that! I will keep you updated on anything else that is going to happen this week so we will see!! Any ways love you guys and I hope that all is going well and have the best week!!
-Elder Easton Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment